Wednesday 26 August 2009

The Draw for the first two weeks

Reigning champion professional dancer Camilla Dallerup, who has decided not to take part in Strictly this year is, I'm glad to see, keeping in touch with the show.

Here she is making the draw for the first two shows:



This has put up some interesting results.

In week one we have:

Lynda Bellingham and Darren Bennett

Ali Bastian and Brian Fortuna

Martina Hingis and Matthew Cutler

Jade Johnson and Ian Waite

Rav Wilding and Aliona Vilani

Joe Calzaghe and Kristina Rihanoff

Ricky Groves and Erin Boag

Chris Hollins and Ola Jordan

I know we haven't seen any of them dance, but I do have to say that it seems like couples with the most potential are in this draw. I fear probably for Ali Bastian and Rav Wilding. Ali is probably the least known and Rav's partner Aliona is new. I know that people do vote on the basis of their favourite professional, which might favour Ali's partner Brian who was immensely popular last year.

I'd hate to see Erin out so soon, but it was a soap actor in Brian Capron who was the first to go last year.

In week 2 we have:

Laila Rouss and Anton Du Beke

Natalie Cassidy and Vincent Simone

Zoe Lucker and James Jordan

Jo Wood and Brendan Cole

Ricky Whittle and Natalie Lowe

Craig Kelly and Flavia Cacace

Phil Tufnell and Katya Virshilas

Richard Dunwoody and Lilia Kopylova

In this one, there's a few vulnerabilities. Jo Wood might be begging for mercy from Brendan by that stage and may go - although I expect she will have the sympathy of many women, which might keep her in. I expect Phil Tufnell will sail through on personality alone. For the same reasons I expect Laila (cos she's with Anton) and Natalie to sail through too.

I would worry about both Ricky because I suspect he needs to light up the dance floor as he's relatively unknown and his partner is new.

If truth be known, out of 16 celebs, 3 are called variations of Richard. Surely they can't all survive the first fortnight?

No comments: